BSc (Hons) MA MRTPI
Click here to email Sam >
Sam is a Chartered member of the Royal Town Planning Institute. He has over 15 years experience of working in Local Authorities in Kent and Sussex.Sam began his career at Rother District Council then moved to Eastbourne Borough Council as an Enforcement Officer. He spent some seven years as a Planning Officer at Tunbridge Wells before taking up a senior position as a Planning Officer at Wealden District Council. He has completed an RTPI-accredited Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning and has a sound knowledge of legislation and planning policy which is put into practice when understanding the procedural requirements of Councils.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in Sociology with Geography through the Open University.
- Masters degree in Urban and Regional Planning at Westminster University.
- Chartered Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
- Sam has regularly presented at Planning Committees and is well-versed with the appeal process, having represented both Local Authorities and private clients.
UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT
- Throughout his career Sam has acquired experience in a variety of planning matters including the determination of residential and commercial planning applications, Certificates of Lawful Use, Prior Approvals and Notifications.
- He has been involved in a number of planning applications for residential development at a variety of scales, including urban extensions and rural redevelopment opportunities, and so has great experience negotiating the merits of planning applications.
- Sam has extensive experience in dealing with appeal proceedings for urban, rural and commercial cases both as an individual and part of a large team on major applications.
- As a former Planning Enforcement Officer Sam has invaluable experience of dealing with contentious enforcement cases, including making representations at Court proceedings.
- Sam adopts a pragmatic approach in applying his extensive knowledge base to ensure adequate attention to detail in a realistic manner with the aim of realising development potential.
- Sam enjoys walking his dogs and cycling and is a member of the Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA).
- He loves travel and spending time with family and friends.