BSc (Hons) MRICS FAAV MBIAC
Click here to email Dan >
Dan joined Bloomfields in 2020 bringing 13 years of experience working in private practice advising clients on a range of rural and agricultural planning matters.
As a Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers and a Member of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants, Dan brings a holistic synergy of advice to his planning cases to incorporate other rural professional matters, such as valuation, management, agency and compensation.
Dan utilises his broad spectrum of knowledge to assist in solving complex cases for clients and takes pride in attempting to ensure every question is answered before the LPA gets the chance to ask it.
UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT
- Having grown up and worked on the family’s livestock farm in West Kent for five years, Dan brings a comprehensive practical knowledge and understanding to his agricultural and rural business applications.
- Dan particularly enjoys obtaining temporary and permanent farm worker’s dwellings, given how these units can completely transform a farm business. One of the more unusual cases was where Dan achieved a retrospective approval for an equestrian worker to live on-site to care for her very valuable dressage horses.
- Dan has successfully represented clients at Planning Committee meetings and appeals, including a successful six day Public Enquiry for the retention of a forester’s dwelling to serve the essential needs of 100 acres of SSSI and ancient woodland.
- Dan’s focus is predominantly within the agricultural sector to assist in further developing the profitability of farm business though enhanced infrastructure.
- Dan has been involved in a number of successful applications for other rural business, tourism ventures, dwelling conversions and permitted development/prior approval submissions.
- Dan’s meticulous approach and application of both planning and legal frameworks, has resulted in a 100% track record for his Certificate of Lawfulness and removal of section 52 and 106 legal agreements in respect of tied accommodation.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geography from the University of Bristol
- Post Graduate Diploma in Surveying from the University of Reading
- Full Chartered Member of the Royal institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
- Full Member of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants (BIAC)
- Dan loves anything active that he can get his kids involved in, which is usually cycling.
- Helping out on the family beef and lamb farm.
- Racing Alan Mummery in the Paddock Wood Half Marathon!
- Spending a few weeks each year, topping up his plum vodka tolerance, with extended family in the Czech Republic.