MSc MRICS FAAV
Click here to email Katie >
Katie joined Lambert & Foster in 2010 where she started working in the Rural Professional Team, specialising in valuation and planning matters. Katie was invited to become an Associate Director of Lambert & Foster in 2015. She has a degree in Biological Sciences and a Masters in Rural Estate Management. She is a Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, a RICS Registered Valuer and a Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers. Katie attends Bloomfield’s meetings on a fortnightly basis to offer her specialist valuation and planning advice to other members of the team.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc (Hons) in Biological Sciences from the University of Edinburgh.
- MSc in Rural Estate Management from The Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester – a course accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Full Chartered Member of the RICS.
- RICS Registered Valuer
- Fellow of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers
- Secretary for Kent Valuers Club
UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT
- In addition to achieving numerous consents for agricultural buildings, Katie obtained planning permission for over 13,300 square foot of cold store facilities on a farm within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Katie is regularly involved in undertaking secured lending valuations through Lambert & Foster who are on a number of bank panels. This requires a comprehensive understanding of planning matters to recognise the potential or indeed limitations for development on sites.
- Using her professional valuation and planning background, Katie has obtained planning consents to maximise the value of rural properties prior to a sale. These have subsequently been sold through Lambert & Foster.
- Katie has undertaken a multitude of prior notification applications for the conversion of agricultural buildings to residential units and to great success.
- Having grown up on the family farm in Kent, Katie’s comprehensive agricultural background in animal and crop husbandry has enabled her to successfully obtain consent for a number of agricultural and equestrian buildings for clients.
- Achieved the highest exam mark in the Kent Valuers Club the year she undertook her professional exams
- Spending time with family and friends
- Getting involved on the family farm which is a mixed livestock and arable farm.
- Tennis, cooking and travel.