BSc (Hons) MRICS MBIAC AssocRTPI
Click here to email Thomas >
Tom joined Lambert & Foster in 2013 as a Chartered Planning and Development Surveyor to help merge Bloomfields Ltd with the Planning Department of Lambert & Foster to create Lambert & Foster (Bloomfields) Ltd, trading as Bloomfields. He became a Director of Bloomfields in 2014. Tom is an Associate Member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, a full member of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants and a Chartered member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors. He is also a Director at Lambert & Foster Ltd.As a highly organised and meticulous consultant he prides himself in dealing with contentious planning cases.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- BSc (Hons) in Rural Land Management from the Royal Agricultural University, Cirencester.
- Full Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS).
- Associate member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI).
- Full member of the British Institute of Agricultural Consultants (BIAC).
UNDER THE SPOTLIGHT
- Tom has been employed to review and advise on the progress of Local Plan development, which also includes reviewing the work undertaken by other planning firms.
- Tom provides strategic advice, promotes and submits applications for mixed-use, business and residential development sites.
- In addition to achieving numerous consents for agricultural and rural businesses, Tom has been key in obtaining planning permission for over 86,000 square foot of storage and packhouse facilities on one farm alone and 15 hectares worth of polytunnels on another site in the Green Belt and Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Tom has been instrumental in delivering major planning projects to tight deadlines and consequently facilitating eligibility for multi-million-pound grant funding. This has included what are probably, two of the largest top fruit processing facilities in the country.
- Tom has attended and presented at Planning Committees, has also prepared reports for Counsel on specialist planning matters which were subsequently presented to court.
- Tom has successfully represented appellants at appeals, including helping to secure the removal of a planning condition worth £1,000,000 and facilitating the employment of up to 96 workers on a site.
- As well as submitting and objecting to a range of planning applications, Tom has experience in promoting sites to local Council’s and dealing with contentious enforcement cases.
- Spending time with family and friends.
- Playing hockey, cricket and shooting.
- Being outdoors and learning about trees